I think I’ve uncovered a problem in Audacity version 3.1.0 regarding sync-lock tracks and the new way of moving audio clips. I use sync-lock tracks on every podcast I do to keep the intro/outro music and narration synched together but separate from the host and guest(s), who are also in sync with each other. When Audacity announced the new way of moving audio clips, beginning in version 3.1.0, my first thought was how that was going to work with sync-lock tracks enabled. It’s different now and you need to know about it if you use sync-lock tracks like I do. FYI: Audacity version 3.1.1 is out with some minor bug fixes.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 00:57 – Moving Audio Clips in Version 3.1
- 01:45 – Why I Use Sync-Lock Tracks
- 02:18 – The Label Track
- 02:48 – Deleting Audio Clips in Version 3.1
- 06:11 – Inserting a Label Track
- 07:20 – Deleting Audio Clips With Sync-Lock Tracks On
- 08:13 – How Sync-Lock Tracks Works
- 09:08 – Deleting Synched Audio Clips Deletes Audio
- 11:10 – Wrap-Up
My setup for this video was an Audio-Technica AT2040 dynamic mic plugged into my Zoom H6 recorder. I use my iPhone to record the video. NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying Amazon purchases.
- AT2040 Dynamic Microphone: https://amzn.to/3clg4YJ
- Zoom H6 Recorder: https://amzn.to/30ADjfb