Here’s another preview of some possibilities for future versions of Audacity. The video below was posted on the Audacity Discord server a few months ago and is well worth your time if you’re an Audacity user. My impression is that these are just some possibilities for version 3.2 of Audacity and beyond. Regardless, it seems to me that once version 3.2 is out, the platform will be in place for bringing more of these needed changes and updates in a more rapid sequence. But that’s just my opinion as one watching this process from the outside. I appreciate all the work the Audacity team puts into this product while keeping it free to the end user. Get comfortable and watch the 20 minute video below.
Audacity floated this image out to the world on a couple of social media platforms last week as a way of some of the possible options for a future version. While the screenshot I share in this video isn’t in production, it does give us a glimpse into some possible improvements being worked on by the fine people at Audacity. I think it’s headed in the right direction in many ways but what are your thoughts?
00:00 – Introduction
00:24 – Where Have I Been?
01:32 – Learn Audacity Brand
01:55 – Audacity’s Shared Screenshot
06:04 – Audacity on the Microsoft App Store
07:10 – Audacity Milestones Webpage
07:41 – LearnAudacity.com
08:12 – Online Courses I Teach
Links mentioned in this video:
Hardware I used in this video. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying Amazon purchases:
- Fudesy Green Screen
- Shotgun-Microphone, SYNCO D2 Hyper-Cardioid Condenser Mic
- Zoom H6 Portable Recorder
- Neewer 2-Pack Dimmable 5600K USB LED Video Light with Adjustable Tripod Stand and Color Filters
Audacity version 3.1.3 is out. There are some significant fixes with this release. In this video, I talk about one of them that I had previously mentioned in a video (link below) and reported to Audacity. Namely, the inability to change or delete a clip name without it causing Audacity to crash when using sync-lock tracks. That’s been fixed in this version of Audacity. This only affected Mac users. In this video I’m using a 2017 MacBook Pro running OS Monterey and Audacity version 3.1.3.
And a big shoutout and thank you to all of you! I’ve reached 1,000 subscribers!! This blows my mind. Thank you all for sticking with me on my channel. You all rock!
- Here’s the link to the release notes for Audacity 3.1.3: https://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Release_Notes_3.1.3
- For reference, here’s the link to my previous video where I reported this issue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trb0yqqw96Q&t=41s
I recorded this video using the Pixel Lavalier lapel mic plugged into my iPhone. Here’s the link. (NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn a small commission if purchases are made using this link). https://amzn.to/30WJg6p
In this video I take a look at the following in Audacity version 3.1.2:
- The Loop Function Fix
- How to use the Play-at-Speed tool inside a loop.
- How a loop selection differs from an effects preview selection.
Points 2 and 3 are questions that have been asked of me and this video seemed like a good place to talk about it.
- 00:00 – Intro
- 00:46 – Loop Function Fix in Version 3.1.2
- 02:18 – Moving/Expanding the Looped Section
- 04:55 – Play-at-Speed in a Looped Selection
- 06:01 – Looped Selection vs. Preview Selection
- 09:39 – Summary
- 10:14 – Wrap-up and Preview
Audacity version 3.1 has been released with some important changes. Audacity is continuing its progression toward non-destructive editing and one of those changes is in version 3.1. In this video, I talk about 4 new features in Audacity version 3.1:
- The Playhead Properties
- Moving and Deleting Audio
- Trimming Audio
- The New Loop Function.
- I recently launched a new on-demand video course at Udemy called ACX Audiobook Production Using Audacity. Check it out when you get a chance.
- I also teach a best-selling course at Udemy called Audacity Bootcamp: Beginner to Advanced. It’s currently 61 videos and 7+ hours of on-demand instruction in Audacity specifically designed for podcasters. If you’re a podcaster looking for a deep dive into Audacity, this course is for you. Check it out when you get a chance.
Audacity has announced the release of a new version. Audacity version 3.0.4 was released on August 24th. It’s a hotfix which means it was released to fix bugs in the previous version. There was a problem in version 3.0.3 with control points when using the Filter Curve and Graphic EQ effects. With this release I also got to test the update notification that was part of the version 3.0.3 update and I’m happy to say it works!