Let’s talk Audacity sample rates and bit depth. What is a sample rate? What am I sampling and why? What is bit depth? What’s the relationship between sample rate and bit depth? Why are there sample rates displayed in each track and a project sample rate in the lower left corner of the screen? What’s the difference and do they have to match? Where do I set the default sample rate in Audacity?
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 00:15 – Digital and Analog
- 00:48 – Digital Waveforms
- 01:10 – Analog to Digital Conversion
- 02:46 – Topics: Sample Rate and Bit Depth
- 03:10 – Track Sample Rates and Project Sample Rate
- 03:59 – What Is a Sample Rate?
- 05:17 – Project Sample Rate
- 05:51 – Three Examples of Different Project Rates
- 08:55 – What is Bit Depth?
- 12:07 – Changing Track Sample Rates
- 13:05 – Project Sample Rate for ACX Audiobooks
- 14:13 – How to Set The Default Project Sample Rate
- 15:44 – Sample Rate Conversion Settings in Audacity
- 17:49 – Recap
- 18:06 – MP3 Export for ACX
- 19:41 – What is MP3 Bit Rate?
- 20:23 – Wrap-up and Video Courses I Teach
Hardware used in this video (NOTE: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying Amazon purchases).
- Fudesy Green Screen: https://amzn.to/3OTqZuV
- Shotgun-Microphone, SYNCO D2 Hyper-Cardioid Condenser Mic: https://amzn.to/3vKUasj
- Zoom H6 Portable Recorder: https://amzn.to/3FgMdyp
- Neewer 2-Pack Dimmable 5600K USB LED Video Light with Adjustable Tripod Stand and Color Filters: https://amzn.to/3ydGA2j
Other places you’ll find me: